Friday, August 13, 2010

Day 7 - Aurora, OH - Parsippany, NJ

Woke up early in the Browske house so that I could spend as much time as possible with Dee and Ralph before hitting the road. Breakfast was already being made. Fruit, orange juice, coffee cake and this most wonderful egg/bread/syrup dish (kinda like a French toast casserole) that was very Yummy!

Our original plan was for Erica and I to leave Ohio and drive straight through to Connecticut (an 11-12 hour drive). But this was too ambitious for us. So we changed our stopping destination to Parsippany, NJ which would only be a 5 to 6 hour drive. This gave us more time to spend with Dee and Ralph. Even had time for Nancy’s brother, Jim, to stop over with his youngest daughter (Allison) and their Golden Retreiver (Bailey) to say hi. Was so nice talking and being part of their family…makes me miss my family, but Nancy said I could adopt her parents as mine ….so that’s what I’m gonna do! (I’m sure they need another daughter named Nancy like a hole in their head, but I like the idea of having them as my adoptive parents)!

By 11:00 a.m. we were in the car driving through Pennsylvania. No planned stops for this leg of the trip and it was somewhat of a boring drive. But the landscape of Pennsylvania was beautiful. Very green and hilly. In fact we saw a sign that stated we were at the Highest Point east of the Mississippi.

Erica was looking forward to getting to Parsippany because one of her good friends lives there and they were going to hook up and see each other. I got to met her friend, Allisa in the parking lot of our hotel and then they were off before I knew it.

So now, I’m sitting in the hotel room by myself (much needed alone time) writing my blog watching A Few Good Men for the 100th time totally enjoying this evening and this cross country trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment