Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day 5 - Gurnee, IL

Day 5 - Finally a much needed day of rest. This was a planned day originally to enjoy a day in Chicago, but instead we both decided to make this an easy day. We slept as late as we wanted and woke up refreshed and able to enjoy the day with Loren's niece (Kristi) and her children (Tyler (6), Logan (2) and Caden (3 months).

We had lunch at the Rainforest Cafe, played a game a Mad Libs which was hysterical, went to the Bass Pro Shop to see the fish (biggest fish tank I've seen in a store...really could have been in an Aquarium), let the boys ride the "horsey" on the Merry Go Round and said our good byes a couple hours after they had arrived. These boys are adorable....I really enjoyed my time with all them. And felt very honored that the baby actually fell asleep while I was holding him.

After the mall, we returned to Loren's house for some relaxation before heading to the Tower's house for "game night".

Played Banagrams and Catch Phrase and had the best homemade pumpkin cupcakes ever! Love hanging out with Chris, Christine and Brandon. Just the nicest people who always make us feel so welcome. I look forward to seeing them soon, though I don't know that will be.

Was a really nice, mellow day and tomorrow we're off on the road again (sounds like a country western song..doesn't it.) hehe. Next stop Cleveland. Looking forward to it as we will be visiting with Nancy's parents who live in a suburb outside of Cleveland. Anticipate the drive time from Chicago to Cleveland to be about 7 hours.

Going to bed now. Will write again tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nancy,
    What a great blog. I have enjoyed reading your blog and Erica's as well. What a great trip you two must be experiencing. I feel like I have been taking the trip along with the two of you except you can't see me. Almost like a little ghost. How cool!! I just wanted you to know that I think this was a great idea. Just amazing!! You will one day look back on all of this and realize this was a once-in-a-lifetime experience and you will never forget it!! I think you already knew this going forward. That is the purpose of the blog. So Cool............! Enjoy the rest of your trip and please be safe.
    Love ya,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete